question

youradrenalinefix avatar image
0 Likes"
youradrenalinefix asked

Is AutoSSL acceptable for Certificate Authority change from DigiCert to Sectigo

I checked with my webhost and they confirmed that my SSL certificate is issued by Sectigo (through CPanel) but I'm getting an error when testing with the Finding API sandbox endpoint and I was wondering if using an AutoSSL certificate is acceptable?

Below is more details;

When using this endpoint: 'https://svcs.sandbox.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1' I am getting the following error; (I did the best I can to indent / prettify it)

SimpleXMLElement Object (
  [error] => SimpleXMLElement Object(
    [errorId] => 11002
    [domain] => Security
    [severity] => Error
    [category] => System
    [message] => Authentication failed : Invalid Application: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx...
    [subdomain] => Authentication
    [parameter] => Invalid Application: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx...                     )
)

(BTW Everything works when using the production endpoint: 'https://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1')

sslcertificate authority change from digicert to sectigo
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

michab2003 avatar image michab2003 commented ·
what's your error exactly when talking with the ebay api?
0 Likes 0 ·
youradrenalinefix avatar image youradrenalinefix michab2003 commented ·
Please see updated question
0 Likes 0 ·
michab2003 avatar image michab2003 youradrenalinefix commented ·
bside the fact that there is nothing worse on this planet than the ebays sandbox: what let you think, this has anything to do with SSL ??
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

·
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered

I agree with michab2003 : the error you're receiving is from the API, implying that your SSL connection works fine.

The information you got from your webhost about your SSL certificate is likely about your own website's SSL availability to your visitors ; IOW: your site = server & your visitors = clients. The eBay Sectigo issue is about your site = client & eBay API = server.

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.