question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ asked ·

SetOrders choose siteID filter

Hello, I wonder if header X-EBAY-API-SITEID has any effect on GetOrders request result. I'm testing on API TEST tool on external_api_seller. He has 4 orders in specified by me time perion: 2 from ebay.de, 1 from ebay.co.uk and 1 from ebay.com. Regardless on how I specify X-EBAY-API-SITEID (0/77, whatever...) it always returns me all orders... What can I do to get only order from one, chosen by me? Thanks to look at this, Eve
getorderssiteid
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

inna_test avatar image
0 Likes"
inna_test answered ·
Hello, That is actually a very good request. The answer is no, at this time GetOrders will always return every order for a particular seller. You of course can look at the and filter out the orders per country yourself. I know that doesn't help much, but at least it is a work around. http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/GetOrders.html#Response.OrderArray.Order.TransactionArray.Transaction.Item.Site We are in the midst of building all new API's, and I will definitely bring this point up to our checkout team.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ answered ·
OK, Thank You very much. What a pity that isn't included in documentation. > If you implement SiteID > I have to, it's neccesary.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
No the SiteID will apply for many of the API's, but not all. So for GetOrders we are returning all the orders for the seller no matter what the site. If you implement SiteID, then all that does is just change the language. But you are correct in what you think it does, but it does not necessarily apply to all API's.

0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ answered ·
OK, thank You. But can You explain, for what at all is this header? Has it any effect on request result? Documentation ( http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/shopping/docs/Concepts/ShoppingAPI_FormatOverview.html) says about it: "The numeric value for the eBay site with the items you want information about, e.g. the siteid of the US site is 0.", I know, but if it doesn't mean what I thought, I have no idea, to what may be useful. Is this a bug?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.