question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended asked

getting buyer registraion address

Hello, is there a way to get buyer registration address without his authtoken to my application? I noticed that getSellerTransactions returns buyer RegistrationAddress container, but I can't se address details there. There is **AddressID** field, but what can I do with this? Is this any method to get address details by ID? Thanks to look at this, Eve
registrationaddress
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
jourbandts avatar image
1 Like"
jourbandts answered
No there is no way to get buyer registration address without having the eBayAuthToken. The reason you are not seeing it when using GetSellerTransactions is because RegistrationAddress for another user (except for Phone) is only returned if you have an order relationship with that user **AND that user is registered on DE/AT/CH** And there is nothing you can do with the AddressID that will help you get back the address.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank You for reply. I don't fully understand. I understand Yur first sentence, but second paragraph suggest that if I have an order relationship with that user AND he's registered on DE, I can read his registration address... But I still don't have his authoken. And for what then is AddressID?
0 Likes 0 ·
Sorry for the confusion. In order to make the Trading API calls you must have an eBayAuthToken. So assuming you are the seller, and you of course have permission to make API requests because you are the seller, then you can use the API's. But the information will only return with my 2nd paragraph above.
0 Likes 0 ·
I asked about **his** authtoken. I know that I have provide valid authtoken to make API calls, it's obvious. I know that if I have user authtoken to my application, I can get his registration address. But how I can get it if he not using my application? I think case that seller uses my app. From which method can I get specific registration address fields, for example on DE site? And a order relationship depends on order status (Active/Completed)? Because AFAIK in order to status be 'Completed', buyer has to pay with eBay - PayPal connection. So it not always happen...
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.