question

lucht_42 avatar image
0 Likes"
lucht_42 asked

categoryTypes.default not returned by getReturnPolicies

As the title says, I have 3 return policies in the business policy manager - one of which is labeled as a default - that are getting properly returned by the getResultPolicies endpoint. However, the categoryTypes.default field is not returning as it does in the getFulfillmentPolicies endpoint. Is this intentional or a bug?

business policiesreturn policy
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jitendra_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
jitendra_developersupport answered

Hi @lucht_42 ,

categoryTypes.default field has been deprecated and is no longer used.

This field may be returned within the payload of a get method, but it can be ignored.

Best Regards,

eBay Developer Support

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ahh, I see... I must have missed that in the docs. Is there any way to pull the default return policy of an account? Because I do not see it when using the getReturnPolicy endpoint, despite having a default return policy set correctly in the business policy manager.
0 Likes 0 ·
shirt-druck avatar image
0 Likes"
shirt-druck answered

I currently have the problem that I have to store the ids of "working" and valid policies in our application. So in the past we always preselected the default policies, which was always quite fine.

Now, since the default-flag is missing, we can not figure out which of the policies we should use in our context, and get a lot of errors when creating and publishing offers f.e. Is there any possibility to figure out which policy is set as default? For us, this is an imortant information.

10 |600

the source of that information should be your app and not ebay. you can always put some identifier in the policy's name like... "policy 123 [default]" to identify anything.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.