question

mbur1202 avatar image
1 Like"
mbur1202 asked

Browse API Search suddenly stopped returning 'shortDescription' field as of today.

As of today (3rd March 2022) the Browse API Search function is not returning the 'shortDescription' item text description field when the 'EXTENDED' fieldgroup is specified. The other field returned in the EXTENDED fieldgroup, itemLocation.city, is still being returned. This is very worrying as this field is important.

Is this a temporary bug or a deliberate change?

browse apibrowse search
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jitendra_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
jitendra_developersupport answered

Hi @domainstodon & @mbur1202,

I am getting the itemSummaries.shortDescription in the response for the search request with fieldgroups = EXTENDED field. Can you please retry once again and If the problem still persists, please let us know.

Best Regards,

eBay Developer Support

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mbur1202 avatar image
1 Like"
mbur1202 answered

I've been told that this is a temporary bug which will be fixed.

10 |600

domainstodon avatar image
1 Like"
domainstodon answered

21 March and is still not fixed

10 |600

mbur1202 avatar image
0 Likes"
mbur1202 answered

Yes, it was fixed a few days ago.

10 |600

cigamit avatar image
0 Likes"
cigamit answered

Have they given any idea when it will be back? As its really affecting my application that relies on it.

10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.