question

kcrdeals avatar image
0 Likes"
kcrdeals asked

Developer keys (AppID) should it be hidden in some way?

The tutorials for this API leave the developer AppID visible to anyone who chooses to view the page's source. What is to stop anyone from using my AppID for their own ebay app? Should some sort of an attempt be made to stop this being visible? If so, than how is this done ?
appiddeveloper keys
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
This question comes up in the forum every couple years or so. You might want to search around for past threads. Short answer: If possible, make your app server-side instead of client-side, for best security.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kcrdeals avatar image
0 Likes"
kcrdeals answered
Thanks for the response, I did try and search for an answer, but it didn't seem to be working at the time. Told me how many results there were, but wouldn't actually let me see those results.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.