question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ asked ·

How is AddFixedPriceItem different from RelistFixedPriceItem in ebay trading api?

How is AddFixedPriceItem call different from RelistFixedPriceItem in ebay trading api? In both the cases new item number is returned. So if i have ended an item on ebay, should i perform AddFixedPriceItem call on that item to list it on ebay again or RelistFixedPriceItem call? Please help me on this! Thanks,
addfixedpriceitemebayebay trading apirelistfixedpriceitem
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

scott_australia avatar image
2 Likes"
scott_australia answered ·
It is probably related to the Best-Match credibility your item has earned. There are some edits that will write off all earnings such as changing item title or ebay category, if you change either of those I think it won't matter how you relist the item. So if you were on page 1 in the search due to good sales history (essp in the last 7 days) and the listing ended then you should use relist. Although the new listing will have no visible sales history, and will have a new item number, it will retain the Best-Match ranking and appear on page one again. Each day you have no sales you lose some ranking, including when the listing is shut down, so relist as soon as possible. All of this applies to BIN not auctions.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
2 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Hi, RelistFixedPriceItem would be used when you have an item that is ended and you want to list it again without making much changes to it. In your case, if you want to list the same item again, you should use the RelistFixedPriceItem API Call. Cheers!!!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.