question

form-luka avatar image
0 Likes"
form-luka asked

Can not publish offer - unable to change account type

Hello, I tried to publish some test offers on SandBox using Sell API, however I'm getting the following error in return:

{
    "errors": [
        {
            "errorId": 25002,
            "domain": "API_INVENTORY",
            "subdomain": "Selling",
            "category": "REQUEST",
            "message": "A user error has occurred. You are unable to list items, because you have not confirmed whether your account is for personal or business use.  Go to My eBay -> Personal Information -> Account Type to confirm your account type now so that you can continue to sell."
        }
    ]
}

It doesn't look like the account type for test user can be changed from within UI, so I found the link in your help that supposedly would change the account type, but it's dead.
https://scgi.sandbox.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ChangeRegistrationAccountType&guest=1

I tried to change TLD to co.uk, as that's where I registered for SB account from, but it returns "HTTP/1.1 Service Unavailable" error instead.

Could you change the following SB account to Business please? Or what other info would you need from me?
testuser_lukaszformela

Thanks,
Lukasz

sell apiaccount typesandbox account
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

You can add other users to any Google payments business profile you manage. For each person you add to a payments profile, you decide whether or not they can invite other users, buy or sign up for paid Google services, view your payment history, or make changes to the profile. You can also set their email notification preferences.

My AARP Medicare

0 Likes 0 ·
Could you please elaborate on how what you said can be applied to my test user on Sandbox, so that the test account appears as Business account?
0 Likes 0 ·

so funny seeing people talking to a spam bot, so just a note: this forum is full of spam posting, if u get an answer that makes absolutely no sense: ignore it ;) and yes: the official ebay developer support often gives answers that make no sense at all, but they are no bots ;-))

1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

·
form-luka avatar image
0 Likes"
form-luka answered

Okay, this apparently can be solved. It's far from being obvious, but what helped is asking eBay to connect my SandBox eBay account with SandBox PayPal account (choose "I need to link my eBay and PayPal Sandbox accounts" option):
https://developer.ebay.com/contact-us

This however created another issue now, I can no longer log in to my SandBox account...

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.