question

visit-frsport avatar image
0 Likes"
visit-frsport asked

Getting error at ebay GetOrders() api call - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

We have some code that uses the .NET api to call GetOrders() a couple of times per hour and we randomly get an error response of: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. This seems to be occuring about 20% - 30% of the GetOrders() call. I know there is a 5000 call limit per day, but we are well below that limit (<100 per day). I have tried setting the timeout to 60 seconds but that doesn't seem to anything. Am I missing something here? I know it's not any network or firewall issue on my end as the api call does go through the other 70% of the time without any issue.
apigetordersexisting connectionforcibly closedremote host
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
s-jacobs avatar image
0 Likes"
s-jacobs answered
This is by no means a fix but have you tried adding "retry-logic" to your timeout? Until a success scenario is reached here is an example: https://ebay.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/412 And also make sure the GetOrders() sdk call's scope is actually removed inside your application that could possibly be why the connection remaining open. If you look at the underlying source code it's opening a bunch of http requests make sure those guys are REALLY being closed. Another option is to manually implement their GetOrders() SDK source code into your application that way at least you have control on every line being executed. I had similar issues with the picture upload service in c# sdk with random timeouts and this helped me trouble shoot.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.