question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ asked ·

How can i specify different store categories to skus under the same parent using trading api?

Can we specify different categories for skus under the same parent programmatically? Using ebay trading api? I have checked the ebay trading api reference and its AddFixedPriceItem call but there it gives an option to set the ebay category/custom category but at the item level not at the variations level. Please help me, how can i set the different categories at variations level?
c#ebay trading api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Hi, No, you cannot add categories at the variation level. Variations belong to an item and the item belongs to a category. Variations are just nothing but the same item with slight differences ( like color change or size change etc). If your Variations are completely different (even though they fall under the same parent) then they should be different items. Cheers!!!
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.