question

hockeydb.com avatar image
0 Likes"
hockeydb.com asked

GetOrderTransaction API not returning order information

I am trying to retrieve information about orders that I have made on eBay via the trading API. My code works, but in some instances does not return the actual information in the order. The order is basically empty.

Here is the return XML for one of those cases:

<GetOrderTransactionsResponse xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents">
<Timestamp>2022-02-02T15:55:59.079Z</Timestamp>
<Ack>Success</Ack>
<Version>1241</Version>
<Build>E1241_CORE_APIXO_19220561_R1</Build>
<OrderArray/>
</GetOrderTransactionsResponse>

As you can see, the OrderArray is empty, even though the transaction returns successful.

Here is partial XML with actual order information:

<GetOrderTransactionsResponse xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents">
<Timestamp>2022-02-02T16:02:12.062Z</Timestamp>
<Ack>Success</Ack>
<Version>1241</Version>
<OrderArray>
<Order>
<OrderID>20-07119-40587</OrderID>
<OrderStatus>Completed</OrderStatus>

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a limitation on the API? These missing orders do not seem to have an obvious pattern - for example, it isn't as if orders older than a certain date are all missing.

Thanks,

Ralph

#tradingapigetordertransactions
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

what does the call "getOrders" return for the same OrderID ?

0 Likes 0 ·
See below.
0 Likes 0 ·
evaluating a response without seeing the request is difficult. "getOrders" should at least show something - please recheck the order-number (xxx-xxx-xxx) with what u see in the admin-frontend at ebay, just to besure you are not making any typos. and you have to make sure you are making this call with the correct key (oauth, auth'n'auth) - to make sure the order belongs to the the seller-key u are using
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
0 Likes"
hockeydb.com answered

When I use the getOrders API, I get something similar:

<GetOrdersResponse xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents">
<Timestamp>2022-02-02T16:57:36.542Z</Timestamp>
<Ack>Success</Ack>
<Version>1241</Version>
<PaginationResult>
<TotalNumberOfPages>1</TotalNumberOfPages>
<TotalNumberOfEntries>1</TotalNumberOfEntries>
</PaginationResult>
<HasMoreOrders>false</HasMoreOrders>
<OrderArray/>
<OrdersPerPage>100</OrdersPerPage>
<PageNumber>1</PageNumber>
<ReturnedOrderCountActual>1</ReturnedOrderCountActual>
</GetOrdersResponse>
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
hockeydb.com answered

Here is the request and response. The order number is 100% correct, I verified it to the winning bid email I saved, and it matches my ID.

<GetOrdersRequest xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents">
<RequesterCredentials>
<eBayAuthToken>dummy</eBayAuthToken>
</RequesterCredentials>
<OrderIDArray>
<OrderID>23-06716-79431</OrderID>
</OrderIDArray>
</GetOrdersRequest>
<GetOrdersResponse xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents">
<Timestamp>2022-02-02T19:11:22.540Z</Timestamp>
<Ack>Success</Ack>
<Version>1241</Version>
<PaginationResult>
<TotalNumberOfPages>0</TotalNumberOfPages>
<TotalNumberOfEntries>0</TotalNumberOfEntries>
</PaginationResult>
<HasMoreOrders>false</HasMoreOrders>
<OrderArray/>
<OrdersPerPage>100</OrdersPerPage>
<PageNumber>1</PageNumber>
<ReturnedOrderCountActual>0</ReturnedOrderCountActual>
</GetOrdersResponse>

My script is successful for about 60% of the orders I query, the other 40% return nothing.

10 |600

what if you don´t query directly by "OrderID", just make a search for that specific timeframe where the order has been placed. if the order is not within your result - then it´s getting difficult here ;)

0 Likes 0 ·
See below again. Comments don't allow enough characters.
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Likes"
hockeydb.com answered

When I try to query by some of the other filters, I do not get any orders back at all. The calls are returning properly, it just isn't returning me any orders. I have no idea why. I can force it to give me an error by asking for dates with a window > 30 days, so that tells me I'm not having syntactical problems. I tried using the create dates, as well as the NumberOfDays parameter.

I have no idea why it returns me no order information on roughly 40% of the requests I make by OrderID. This is incredibly frustrating.

I am positive that my credentials are correct, which seems proven by the fact that I can get 60% of my orders.

10 |600

i would contact ebay developer support (and not in this forum!)....

0 Likes 0 ·
Have you ever used it? $75/hour is a little steep, I'll give it a try but I don't want them telling me "sorry, it took us an hour to read your question, you need to buy more time for us to answer it!"

0 Likes 0 ·

And jeez, it isn't even possible to purchase hours. I just get an error message that says "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later." WTF, eBay?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.