question

fos1133 avatar image
0 Likes"
fos1133 asked

Get all active listings (50,000+)

Does anyone know of a better way to get all my own active listings (60,000+) using eBay's API? Either the old Traditional API or the new REST API will do.

Currently, I am using Traditional API getSellerList, but it is terrible as I need to make over 300 calls with 200 items returned on each page - which takes ages even when using multi-processing to make simultaneous calls. Also, by the time it has got all pages, there are duplicate listings returned and some are missing (due to items "ending" and "relisting"?). Right now, my laptop takes around 20 minutes to retrieve all our active listings (my Raspberry Pi 4 takes around 45, but for some reason has recently been failing - I think something to do with hanging up a multi-threading process).

active listings
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

michab2003 avatar image michab2003 commented ·
hi, fetching listings from accounts your dev-account is connected to, getsellerlist is absolutely okay - and yes, it takes time. you can make some calls in parallel to speed things up.

if you need the list only a few time, you can also download a csv file from the reports page, but this take some time as well.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
fos1133 avatar image
0 Likes"
fos1133 answered

Turns out that the Raspberry Pi 4 failing to get all active listings was possibly to do with our internet connection. When I connect through a VPN it completes fine, but still takes ages (45-50 minutes). Not very efficient! Come on eBay, give us an easy and quick way to retrieve active listings using your API (preferably the new REST API)! The problem with making 300+ calls as items are ending and relisting between calls which results in duplicate items being returned and multiple runs being required.

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bimmerung avatar image bimmerung commented ·
You're lucky to have only 50k listings! I have to deal with GetSellerList while having 500k!
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.