question

tackn avatar image
0 Likes"
tackn asked

AddFixedPriceItem error 21920283, accept new T&C?

Started today, 1/23/22. Receiving error on AddFixedPriceItem call:

21920283: Error You need to accept the new Payment Terms of Use before you can create or revise listings. Please go to https://useragreement.ebay.com/usragmt/agreement/PAYMENTS2_0_USER_AGREEMENT to accept the agreement.

Went to the URL several times and accepted the agreement, which doesn't seem any different from the last one. No change and still can't list items via API. I tested and was able to list one directly by hand on the website. So seems like something's broke on their end. Everything was working for up until yesterday.

Edit: As of AM Monday, 1/24, problem continues. Also affecting ReviseFixedPriceItem.

#tradingapisupport
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

biggybargains avatar image
0 Likes"
biggybargains answered

Same problem here...

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
biggybargains answered

FIXED... update your API version to 12.35... if you don't run your own APIs tell your service provider to.

10 |600

tackn avatar image
0 Likes"
tackn answered

Not quite working here. First thing I tried was making the call with the latest API version, 1235. Still same error. I did have one item sneak through and get listed today.

10 |600

1 Like"
biggybargains answered

DITTO... same now happening here... using 1235 version one goes through... then it reverts...
repeat, repeat...

trying to see if we can find a workaround on the backend...current status *#$&^#$)(^%

10 |600

0 Likes"
biggybargains answered

Working on and off right now...

Got one response that included
we're working on it

10 |600

0 Likes"
biggybargains answered

Contacted customer service and they said a ticket was opened with the development team.

10 |600

8983christian avatar image
0 Likes"
8983christian answered

Same problem here. I commented for email notifications :)

10 |600

tackn avatar image
0 Likes"
tackn answered

Looks like if I keep retrying, the calls eventually go through without the error. Still a problem, however.

10 |600

worldwidephilatelicsandcollectibles avatar image
0 Likes"
worldwidephilatelicsandcollectibles answered

Updating to Trading API version 1235 does nothing. After 10+ years dealing with the API, I am still astounded by eBay development's level of incompetence. I really should lower my expectations.

10 |600

cornersbumped avatar image
0 Likes"
cornersbumped answered

When this hit me (2pm, EST, US, 20220124), I was in the middle of a 200+ listing schedule, and it started sporadically and then locked in through all of 20220124. I was using a purchased third-party system, and totally forgot to check my own API projects, which are also borked.

But one thing I noticed today: in my case at least, I am only getting the error about 5/6 of the time, randomly. That is, when I launch 600 items (serially, with independent calls), about 100 of them succeed. When I re-launch the previously failed ones, another 1/6 succeed, and so on.

Don't know whether there are server instances running the old API version floating around, or somebody has reverted at least a few. YMMV.

10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.