question

pretzel26ud avatar image
0 Likes"
pretzel26ud asked

Getting Best Offer Final Price

Browse getItem returns the original selling price of the item, but does not return the updated sold price if Best Offer was accepted. For instance, this auction originally was listed as $99.99 https://www.ebay.com/itm/265469922758 and the Browse getItem API returns "price": { "value": "99.99", via https://api.ebay.com/buy/browse/v1/item/v1%7C265469922758%7C0

Similarly, Shopping API, Get Single Item returns: <ConvertedCurrentPrice currencyID="USD">99.99</ConvertedCurrentPrice> <CurrentPrice currencyID="USD">99.99</CurrentPrice>

At first I didn't think it was possible, but I found a few other sites that are able to display the actual offer accepted vs the original asking price. https://www.sportscardinvestor.com is one example, but there are many. In this case, this auction sold at $90.00 according to another website which I assume is using the eBay APIs.

I emailed support and they said to use: "We can get Sold listing via BestOffer details through GetItemTransaction(Trading API)". When I call GetItemTransaction for the same ebay Item (265469922758) it does not return the <TransactionPrice> node. Support team says they can see it, but I can't. I also tried GetBestOffers but it also doesn't return any info about the Best Offer accepted.

I'm thinking it's two things:

1) I'm not testing via the API explorer correctly. When using the Trading API, I create a token using Auth'n'Auth which has me sign into production with my personal ebay id/pass to generate the token. Perhaps this account can not see best offers accepted?

2) The API is limited in some way to some developers and does not allow you to see the full transaction details.

Does anyone else have this working and can give me some tips? Appreciated.

best offer
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

GetItemTransactions does not show you any transactions if your dev-account is not connected to the seller or buyer. ebay didn´t comment a lot of stuff in its documentation, especially when it comes to hiding information that can be used to scrape data - because that´s what ebay doesn´t want - and over the years they started to remove a lot of stuff that can be used to "scrape" data... like transactions. but in your example, the "BidCount" is 1 - so if that number is correct, maybe there really has been only 1 bid.....

0 Likes 0 ·
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered

Getting the Best Offer selling price on eBay items has gotten more difficult over the years. I think it's now impossible to obtain frankly, unless you're the seller of the item. But if you say there are such sites displaying that kind of information, my best guess is that perhaps they have access to eBay's Marketplace Insights API.

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Could be as the MarketPlace Insights Search api returns itemSales.lastSoldPrice I was expecting the developer support to tell me it's not possible, but they claim it should be, but I just can't figure out why it's not working.

0 Likes 0 ·
pretzel26ud avatar image
0 Likes"
pretzel26ud answered

Replying to michab2003 because I couldnt reply to his comment (site bug?): I was thinking that you can only get the BestOffer if you are providing an authentication token from the person who bought the item or the person that is selling the item. However, from the sites I have seen, there is no way they are logging into every auction so there must be another way or elevated access. According to the documentation, it does not say you are limited to see the best offer accepted price by the account. You simply need to authenticate. It's frustrating because I see other partners who are able to do it and I keep thinking that I'm missing an API parameter or call.

10 |600

as helios mentioned: there are special "partners" who have some sort of "agreement" or "contract" with ebay to get access to some stuff, a "regular" user never will - that is fact and that´s business, since a very long time ;) that´s why many companies "scrape" ebays website via the frontend to fetch data, they never would get with any API. and - maybe your example is too old - when I check some items on "sportscardinvestor.com" I do see the "winning bid" at ebay (in the frontend).

0 Likes 0 ·

so you think, the itemid 133991241307 (of your link) belongs to the screenshot. when I search for "completed items" I see this: https://i.imgur.com/NBVcXgP.png - and this itemid is not yours, it's: 363685810683 - and if your "scrape" the results from my URL - u are able to get these infos, too ;)

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered

@pretzel26ud : In your comment above about comparing item#133991241307 and the screenshot from that sports card website... How do you know they are the same exact item? They appear to have slightly different titles, although perhaps 1 of the titles is abbreviated. (And if we look at item#373780418514 on eBay, there's an example of yet a different price.)

10 |600

I replied to another commenter, but please see for yourself:

1. Go to https://www.sportscardinvestor.com
  2. Click on Trending Cards and click on the 2nd one for "Ja Morant"
  3. Click the tab to show only Recent Sales
  4. The first card should show a sales price of $230.00. However, when you click on the link it says Best Offer Accepted with the original asking price of $299.99 (link)
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.