question

swappart avatar image
1 Like"
swappart asked

Marketplace Account Deletion Error 2001: Too Many Requests Bug on eBay's side

Something seems to have happened with the Marketplace Account Deletion API. I got an email saying my endpoint was down. It's been fine since last August. I sent the test notification, and it failed. I checked my logs and found that I'm getting the following error message.

"errorId": 2001, "domain": "ACCESS", "category": "REQUEST", "message": "Too many requests.", "longMessage": "The request limit has been reached for the resource."

I revised my code so it would log every incoming request, and what I've found is that when I send the test notification from my developer account, instead of it sending the test notification it's sending dozens of live notifications (over 60 at a time), and is not always sending the test notification which would be identified by having test_user as the username. It seems the issue is with trying to verify the signature.

Edit: I revised my code so it would skip verifying the signature and just send OK. That works, and now I only receive the test notification. However, after changing the code back, it still fails because of the too many requests error. I see the commerce/notification api has a limit of 5000 requests per day. Is it possible there were just that many account deletions in one day, and that caused the issue?

bugsmarketplace account deletion
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

swappart avatar image
0 Likes"
swappart answered

Found some more logs to check. I can see that on the 12th, I received 2754 Marketplace Account Deletion requests and 2064 on the 13th. Every other day has been under 1000. Still, nowhere near the 5000 per day limit which the API claims. I don't see why I would be getting the "Too many requests" error.

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

keyonline.eu avatar image
0 Likes"
keyonline.eu answered

The same situation, since few days we get the error Error 2001 in our logs. And then follows the ebay email with:

Dear Developer,

It has been 24 hours since the ebay marketplace account deletion/closure notification endpoint https://{our_domain}/{our_endpoint} that your application registered for receiving marketplace account deletion/closure notifications stopped acknowledging with a HTTP status code indicating a success. As a result, we are marking your application as down and non-responsive.

You have 30 days to correct the marketplace account deletion/closure notification endpoint or replace it with a functional one. Failure to fix the account deletion/closure notification endpoint Notification URL will result in non-compliance and eventual deactivation of your application keys.

Please take immediate action to avoid any disruption to your integration with eBay.

Best Regards,
eBay Developers Program 

If I go to our Dev Dashboard and click on "Send Test Notification", then it works fine, we get notification and response.

10 |600

swappart avatar image
0 Likes"
swappart answered

It's been happening here for a few days now. I get an email saying it's down, then eventually I get one saying it's back up. We have no control over how many requests we get and have to respond to, so it has to be something on eBay's side causing it.

10 |600

0 Likes"
keyonline.eu answered

Note: our API call limit is 100.000 so it' can't be a problem. And we never get this completely full spent.

We get around 20-30 request per 1 min. Sometime more, sometime less

Moreover before 06.01.2022 requests included pure eBay username and now something like "username":"1026486842@deleted" or "username":"dcarlos@tpa.ebay.com" instead.

10 |600

I was going by this. I would agree those of us that have passed the compatible application check should have a higher limit though. I had just forgot about that. When I check the API call reports though, I don't even see an option for the commerce API.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Likes"
keyonline.eu answered

Our API call limit was increased in other concern. But you have right, Notification are a part of commerce API.

10 |600

hardtopsukcom avatar image
0 Likes"
hardtopsukcom answered

Some here, works fine for 12 hours or so, but when check the logs, we have 10/12 notifications minute, receive email saying down, day starts, receive email saying up, and it started 3 days ago.

10 |600

Yes, exactly the same. Day by day we get message, that our Notification system is not available and is marked "down", and next day (or same day few hour later) we get message it's again available and is now marked "up" (beside we didnt' anything).

0 Likes 0 ·
audio-link avatar image
0 Likes"
audio-link answered

Also receiving daily emails now,

"Your eBay marketplace account deletion/closure notification endpoint is down" followed by "It's back up" sometime later... sigh.

10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.