question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
2 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ asked ·

Is there a way to get only new items by seller via api?

Hello. I working on a small project that get's products info from ebay via Trading Api. It getting items only be a few ebay sellers so I used GetSellerList ( http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/reference/ebay/GetSellerList.html). I used Fine to get additional fields. I need to show on my project only new items, So I investigated method description page and found ItemArray.Item.ConditionID parameter. But, it looks like, this parameter is not required for all items, e.g. there are a lot of items that have no ConditionId. Due to manual it is correct, but How can i define is item new? Maybe I should call some other api method? I was looking for it but not found. Can anybody tell me where to look to find the answer?
apitradingnew-items
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jourbandts avatar image
1 Like"
jourbandts answered ·
Greetings pmatvienko and alks-vesel, ConditionID is the only formal way for a listing to be designated as new. If a category doesn't support predefined condition IDs, then the seller can the listing title, listing description, or item specifics to describe the condition. Here are some post-processing methods you could consider. All of these are optional for sellers, so there is no single solution: • Exclude items that have ConditionDescription. It is allowed for all categories (including those that don't support ConditionID), and it's intended to mainly be used for used items. • Include items whose titles and/or item specifics contain words like "New", "NIB" (or "new in box"), "NWT" (or "new with tags"), etc. Caveat: “New” by itself may result in some false positives (e.g., terms like "New York"). An eBay member has posted a guide which contains some common acronyms that other eBay members have used: http://www.ebay.com/gds/eBay-Abbreviations-and-Acronyms-Guide-NWT-HTF-/10000000004563577/g.html If you are supporting cross-border trade, also look for equivalents in other languages (e.g., “Neu” for eBay Germany listings). • Exclude items with titles and/or item specifics containing "used", "refurbished", "broken", etc. • If you choose to also check item descriptions, look for clear terms like “brand new”, “new in box”, etc. to reduce false positives.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ answered ·
is anybody alive here?

0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ answered ·
I also interested in this issue

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.