question

islandcollector avatar image
0 Likes"
islandcollector asked

OAuth Application Token Expires within 1 Hour,How to get an OAuth Application Token that does not expire within an hour?

My website only uses the search API, so an Application Token will suffice. However I'm finding difficulty in locating a token that I can use on production. The one I could create lasts 1 hour only.

Screenshot_4.jpg

apitoken
screenshot-4.jpg (228.9 KiB)
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I would start thinking differently: it does not play a role if the token is valid for one, two or three hours. the concept anyway is: the tokens lifetime is short, that is wanted and the concept of security here. so use the valid token as long it's valid, if it has expired, create a new one, that is a process you cannot avoid.
0 Likes 0 ·

I only use the eBay API for the Search API - https://api.ebay.com/buy/browse/v1/item_summary/search which I manage to connect to using the 1 hour API Token. I'm not interested in asking users to sign in because its just a search. Any alternatives how to access the mentioned API without a token?

0 Likes 0 ·
michab2003 avatar image michab2003 islandcollector ·
no need to ask a user, because you need an application token, but you need to authenticate, it's one simple easy call, don't really understand why so many people have a problem with that.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.