question

nacktbader avatar image
0 Likes"
nacktbader asked

Trading API, Finding API, Shopping API no longer supported?

Hi eBay-Team,

i have received a mail that the three APIs (Trading API, Finding API and Shopping API) will be no longer supported after 2021-12.
I have not found any infos on that while browsing the API docus. Is it correct, that each call to these APIs will not work after 2021-12-31 or did i misunderstand the mail?

I use following calls:
Finding API: findItemsAdvanced
Trading API: GetItem

Thank you for your support
Rene

trading apifinding apishopping api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

this is the 2nd time where somebody says that - please look very closely to this email u are talking about, are you really sure ebay told you, that the trading API will be switched offline - I mean - REALLY ? ;) if yes, please share that email... thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
helios825 avatar image
1 Like"
helios825 answered

Those APIs will work fine into 2022. If eBay Dev were actually pulling the plug on them, there'd be ample notice on the eBay Dev site, with many months of lead time.

What's going on here is an email from eBay Partner Network requiring its affiliates to stop using those APIs on their websites and to migrate to the new Browse APIs soon. Some FAQs about that here.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ok @helios825,
Will you, as an affiliate, change the APIs of your websites?

Browse API is very limited compared to the Finding API (findItemsAdvanced). Browse API returns much fewer results, and if you try to set the "limit" or "sort" parameter the item totals are very different.

0 Likes 0 ·
nacktbader avatar image
1 Like"
nacktbader answered

Thank you, helios825 for the fast reply and the link.

The doc you are sharing states following:
"Can I request an extension to the deadline for my specific use case?
No, all partners of the eBay Partner Network are obliged to base their integrations on eBay’s modern RESTful APIs exclusively, starting in 2022."

Okay - the Finding API will be available and will work also in 2022 but...
I am a member of the eBay Partner Network so it seems to me, that I have to migrate my calls within the next two weeks. Do you read it also like this?

here are the calls you have to migrate if everything to you is "EPN" related.
https://partnerhelp.ebay.com/helpcenter/s/article/eBay-Legacy-APIs-Migration-Paths?language=en_US#Summary
for example: "getitem:
if you don´t need any affiliate stuff, there is no need to migrate the "getItem" call. only if you need something like "itemAffiliateWebUrl" - then you need to migrate to the browse API:
https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/buy/browse/resources/item/methods/getItem
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.