question

saricha_3789 avatar image
1 Like"
saricha_3789 asked

Browser API (and many others) returning 500 error

Most calls I run through the Sandbox are returning 500 Internal Server Errors, with the message

There was a problem with an eBay internal system or process. Contact eBay developer support for assistance.

I've searched through this forum and come across this error many times, but there doesn't seem to be a solution (e.g., here, here, here, etc.). This one, specifically states that he's seeing all calls that return lists are returning errors - not sure if that helps.

FYI - I know the token is valid because the call works correctly and returns a 200 OK when I run the "Account API" "getPrivileges" call. I haven't gone extensively through every single call but a large number of them are returning the 500 Internal error.

For the "Browse API" "search" call, when I try to run calls using the online API explorer I consistently receive a "Status: 500 Internal Server" error.

On the page the URI is:

https://api.sandbox.ebay.com/buy/browse/v1/item_summary/search?q=drone&limit=3"

and my headers are:

Authorization:Bearer {
  {OAUTH User Toke}}
Content-Type:application/json
X-EBAY-C-MARKETPLACE-ID:EBAY_US
X-EBAY-C-ENDUSERCTX:affiliateCampaignId=<ePNCampaignId>,affiliateReferenceId=<referenceId>

The response headers are:

x-ebay-c-request-id:ri=DQxe7bXLw%2F7J,rci=1f7f0693e39b82f2
x-ebay-svc-ep-cookielet:321=0001637315862520
rlogid:t6p%60gu%60mgwj%28ciuoopu0asu%60pkal%3C%3Dosutfdtdkdvn.h1%3Fif%2Bsfvu7371-17d37a15ff8-0x126
x-ebay-c-version:1.0.0
x-ebay-client-tls-version:TLSv1.3
x-ebay-request-id:17d37a15-ffc0-abe3-6894-cd1dffffcf57!Ginger.buy.browse.v1.GET!lvssearchapi-m78jc-tess0027.stratus.lvs.ebay.com!r1searchapi-envjiwv5gtvevlbi[]
content-encoding:gzip
content-type:application/json
date:Fri, 19 Nov 2021 09:57:42 GMT
server:ebay-proxy-server
x-envoy-upstream-service-time:70
x-ebay-pop-id:UFES2-LVSAZ01-apisandbox
connection:close
transfer-encoding:chunked

and the response body is:

{
  "errors": [
    {
      "errorId": 12000,
      "domain": "API_BROWSE",
      "category": "APPLICATION",
      "message": "There was a problem with an eBay internal system or process. Contact eBay developer support for assistance."
    }
  ]
}

I know the token is valid because the call works correctly and returns a 200 OK when I run the "Account API" "getPrivileges" call. I haven't gone extensively through every single call but a large number of them are returning the 500 Internal error.

Any help would be appreciated.

sandbox500 internal server error
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
larkineman-29 avatar image
-2 Likes"
larkineman-29 answered

Browser APIs (or web APIs) are the APIs that come built-in with the browsers. ... There are a number of browser APIs for manipulating the DOM, making network requests, managing client-side storage, and retrieving device media streams, etc.

official site

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.