question

stamps-auction avatar image
0 Likes"
stamps-auction asked

Strange characters in street address: ebayzgjj4xd

Hello,

can somebody explain what these strange characters which are sometimes returned

in the street2 tag mean (always starts with ebay then some random combination of letters and numbers eg. ebayzgjj4xd), when executing a GetOrders request?

<ShippingAddress>
    <Name>John</Name>
    <Street1>20 ..</Street1>
    <Street2>ebayzgjj4xd</Street2>
shipping address
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

michab2003 avatar image
0 Likes"
michab2003 answered

LOL... welcome to the place, where input data NEVER gets checked. either by any RFC or any simple REGEX. ebay even allows smilies inside the shipping address. email addresses can be written as you like... doesn´t matter if it´s a real (RFC) email or not. So pardon, I had to mention that because it´s crazy (and stupid) for me.....

anyway..... why not ask the buyer ? ;) i´m sure it´s not an API problem.... ;)

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

It is not just this buyer, it happens all the time always in the same format (starting with ebay and then some random combination of lower cap letters and numbers, like this ebayhrtw7343, ebayjfhy3ew)

0 Likes 0 ·

sure that is not something that comes from your own code ? ;) please check the response via the ebay API explorer.....

0 Likes 0 ·
No, not from my code!
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
cristhort_60 avatar image
-1 Like"
cristhort_60 answered

An email address identifies an email box to which messages are delivered. Despite the wide range of special characters which are technically valid

steve.e-bay1985 avatar image
0 Likes"
steve.e-bay1985 answered

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.