question

projules avatar image
0 Likes"
projules asked ·

Do I have to give a developer my log in to EPN?

I need a lot of AB testing to do with EPN advanced finding and shopping.

I need my site developer for other tasks ans was thinking of hiring and EPN API expert.

Is there a big security issue with 3rd party developers?

Or does the API program (I have the 1.5 million calls allowance) allow for seperate, additional developer log ins ?

Thanks

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jeff.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
jeff.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·

We don't offer additional logins per account. One solution though would be to ask your developer to open their own API developer account, and do their programming there until you are ready to port it over to your application.  I hope this helps.

eBay Developer Support

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·

It sounds like you are concerned about giving someone else your eBay Developer keyset?

You could perhaps have them develop on a smaller scale, using a new eBay Dev account, without the higher call limits. Once you're ready to scale things up on your site/app, you could privately swap in your own AppID at that point.

As for giving them access to your ePN account, you can create a non-admin login to your ePN account as a secondary user. (I'd go so far as to suggest all ePN affiliates do that and login via that sub-admin account most of the time, as an added layer of security.)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.