question

wemakeitallwork avatar image
1 Like"
wemakeitallwork asked

BROWSE API Call Limit Woes

For years, we've been using the FindingAPI with a 1,500,000 daily call limit. We have now converted to the Browse API and our limit is 5,000 calls per day (this is the default Production limit). We have requested an increase. It took SIX days for a response and they offered 100K, which is insufficient. Every time we email, it takes TWO-THREE days for a response and there is no resolution. The last response stated that is would take a while for any increase to be approved. So, we have no idea when possibly our rate limit may be increased.

Very frustrating! Anyone have any luck in dealing with this issue?

For now, we've reverted back to the Finding API.

browse apirate limit
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ebay is very anxious when it comes to reading their data, I can only assume that this is one of the main reasons why they take their time here and prefer to offer small limits, unfortunately ....

0 Likes 0 ·

I see two issues:

1) The group managing rate limits is mismanaged. It should never take up to six days for a response. Each response is from a different person and they don't take the time to understand what has transpired beforehand.

2) Developers are scrambling to migrate their apps to the Browse API, which probably hasn't been tested with real-world call volumes. Maybe they want to start with low limits and see what happens.

How can we migrate apps to the Browse API with low call rate limits? Most/all apps will not migrate properly if their rate limit is too low.

2 Likes 2 ·
0 Likes"
wemakeitallwork answered

update - our issue has been resolved

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

surgewares avatar image
0 Likes"
surgewares answered

How did you get it resolved? I'm in a similar boat where I was expecting to have a 1,500,000 limit until they killed off the API. I submitted a ticket requesting a limit increase back on Oct 19th (2.5 weeks ago) and I never received a response.

0 Likes"
wemakeitallwork answered

How did you submit the ticket?

surgewares avatar image
0 Likes"
surgewares answered

Through the compatible app check link here:

https://developer.ebay.com/my/support/tickets?tab=app-check

0 Likes"
wemakeitallwork answered

Try via EPN instead

riskes40 avatar image
0 Likes"
riskes40 answered

@wemakeitallwork - How many weeks did it take for eBay to increase the rate limits?

0 Likes"
wemakeitallwork answered

About 1 month as communication was sporadic

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.