question

deadjeepparts avatar image
0 Likes"
deadjeepparts asked

RelistParentID returned for copied items!

we are building an inventory app, and our SKUs are related to ebay item IDs.... when an item relists, we use the RelistParentID to maintain this association with our SKU on our end.

However, if an item is copied to create a new item listing, this RelistParentID comes along with the copy, breaking our association of ebay ID to SKU, because now multiple listings carry the same RelistParentID

How can I tell if an item is a copy of another, and therefore not really a "relisted" item? I suppose I could pull the parent item and do some comparison myself, but I figured there should be a way to determine this from the API data, no?

Much appreciated if anyone has a clue about solving this. Personally, I don't see why ebay would even do this - seems like a huge blunder on their part. Sellers copy items just to make listing similar items easier - I can't understand why the parent ID would be passed... it makes no sense.

Chis

relistparentid
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

· Write an Answer

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.