question

tekgems avatar image
0 Likes"
tekgems asked

Make Offer logic conflicts with number of items allowed to be purchased

Hello eBay developers. I hope this is the right place to get clarification on this issue I run into. I've purchased from different sellers that set a limit on how much of something I can purchase. I often purchase sim cards and smartphones from various sellers.

In my specific situation, I made an offer for this item. I said I would purchase 5 @ $9. It was instantly declined, so I went to make another offer. Then I get this error message.

Sorry, you are not allowed to purchase this item. This item is only available to buyers who have not purchased 5 or more items from this seller in the past 10 days.

Although I have not purchased anything from this seller in the past 10 days, I get this error. I am not sure, but I believe I am encountering this error because the offer (even though it was automatically rejected) counts as a purchase (or perhaps a pending purchase that counts against the 10 day limit).

Is my assumption correct based on the behavior I am observing? If so, is this something that can be coded away so offers are not counted against my account if the offer is declined? I understand if the offer is in play, there is a chance the seller can accept, so I understand the limit should stand until the offer expires or is declined by the seller.

Here is the listing in question. Attached is a screenshot of the error I experienced.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182231082258

ss211016-10.png

makeoffer
ss211016-10.png (209.2 KiB)
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

· Write an Answer

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.