question

primusvolta avatar image
0 Likes"
primusvolta asked

Getting Seller's Site ID for X-EBAY-API-SITEID header

Trading API GetMyeBaySelling requires X-EBAY-API-SITEID header - where to get that from? Commerce API's getUser returns registrationMarketplaceId which e.g. for Great Britain is EBAY_GB whereas I need Site Id which is 3.

getmyebaysellingsiteidsite id
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

i tested that call (xml) without sending this header and got a valid response. because the call only returns items associated with the authenticated user (that is making the call) - I don´t see any sense in providing that header.

besides that, you can make a getitem on any of the seller's items and check the "Site" - I'm not 100% sure if that really provides the "registered site" of the seller.... just a guess....

1 Like 1 ·
Oh, a header that in eBay's docs is marked as: Required, actually not required at all! How couldn't I think about that possibility, using eBay APIs for more than a year now? Such things should be obvious for me by now, to not trust what they write. I've checked it myself, the header is NOT required, all works fine :)

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

· Write an Answer

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.