question

hr.ilmaauto avatar image
0 Likes"
hr.ilmaauto asked

eBay Trading API problem with PayPal

I am trying to make a successful request for listing an item on eBay.

Getting error for PayPal,

<Errors>

<ShortMessage>Approved electronic payment method is missing</ShortMessage>

<LongMessage>To list this item, you need to accept PayPal or other approved electronic payments as a payment method.</LongMessage>

<ErrorCode>21916281</ErrorCode>

<SeverityCode>Error</SeverityCode>

<ErrorClassification>RequestError</ErrorClassification>

</Errors>

Can somebody help me?
paypal#tradingapitradingelectronic payment method
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

are u using a payment policy? if yes: which pay-methods are listed there? if not: which pay-methods are used inside your additm?
0 Likes 0 ·

I'm having the same problem, and not using any business or payment policies. Has anyone been able to resolve this?

0 Likes 0 ·
brpar_6985 avatar image
0 Likes"
brpar_6985 answered

I asked via premium support how to resolve this myself, and they said to specify the payment method like this:

<PaymentMethods>PayPal</PaymentMethods>
     <PayPalEmailAddress>Your_PayPal_Emailaddress</PayPalEmailAddress> 

Even though the docs explicitly tell you not to do that, and that it will fail, unless you're handling *offline* payments outside of ebay... still waiting on their explanation as to why this goes against the docs.

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brpar_6985 avatar image
0 Likes"
brpar_6985 answered

I just heard back from the premium support and they opened a ticket with the developers to fix this issue and it looks like it has finally been resolved. No payment method should now be needed for calls to AddItem, at least as long as you are enrolled in "ebay payments", which is supposed to be the default for everyone now (my account somehow wasn't, but there was still another bug causing the issue even after they fixed the enrollment that is now solved).

10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.