question

avandeza avatar image
0 Likes"
avandeza asked

VAT on AddFixedPriceItem call

Hi, I needed a clarification regarding how taxes work in Ebay, specifically in the AddFixedPriceItem call in the Trading api.

Assuming a profile that sells from Spain to Spain, what should I indicate in the Trading api call so that the taxes are applied correctly.

At first I included the price with VAT, indicating the percentage in the VATDetails field, but I have seen that in an order made from Las Palmas the item was charged with the VAT of 21%, as in another order made from Madrid, which should not be since in Las Palmas the IGIC of 7% is applied.

I have also tried to upload a product with the price without taxes and not including the VATDetails field, however when it comes to proceeding to a payment I am charged the same both from an account in Las Palmas and another in Madrid (also the price without taxes, it does not add anything).

#tradingapiaddfixedpriceitemcalltaxes
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered

Hi @avandeza,

VAT is not applicable to all countries, including the US. Allowed VAT percentage rates can vary by region/country, so sellers should be aware of the rates they are legally required/allowed to charge. Sellers must be registered as Business Sellers on the site they are selling on in order to use the Business Seller-related fields.

Please find the documentation to get the information of VAT,
https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/AddFixedPriceItem.html#Request.Item.VATDetails

Best Regards,
eBay Developer Support

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

avandeza avatar image
0 Likes"
avandeza answered

But how should I publish an object so that when it is sold the taxes are applied correctly according to the buyer's country?

Because whether I indicate the VATDetails field or not, the price at the time of purchase is the same both in the Canarias and in Madrid, which have different taxes.

michab2003 avatar image
0 Likes"
michab2003 answered

if u add vatpercent, ebay knowns your price is gross, without vatpercent, you say, your prices are net. ebay decides, what a buyer has to pay - taxes or not and how much, doesn´t matter what you put in your vatpercent. your vatpercent is only used for ebay internal calculations, in case ebay has to transform a net into gross or vise-versa. when ebay re-calculates the price - it needs a net price - so when you add vatpercent 21% - but the buyer has to pay 7% (in real) - ebay uses your 21% to calculate the net price to add 7% on top of it. that´s my stand of knowledge.

that´s at my stand of knowledge here. i don´t know if that also applies to the US, but the VAT gets calculated based on the shipping address of the buyer, doesn´t matter where the ebay-buyer-account is located - the destination shipping address is the part, which decides if vat has to be paid and how much.

The problem is that Ebay tells me the same final price to send an order to the Canary Islands as to send it to Madrid, despite having different taxes.

Whether I indicate the VATDetails field or not.

0 Likes 0 ·

interesting.... can u provide screenshots of these two orders (without personal data) showing the same price but different vat ?

0 Likes 0 ·

2021-10-14_07-47_1.png2021-10-14_07-47.png

https://www.ebay.es/itm/233166104031

It happens to me with all products.

Both accounts were created from 0 with the indicated address, one in Madrid, with VAT at 21%, and the other in Ceuta, which should be 0% since those taxes are paid at Customs and even within Ceuta taxes are lower.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.