question

avandeza avatar image
0 Likes"
avandeza asked

VAT on AddFixedPriceItem call

Hi, I needed a clarification regarding how taxes work in Ebay, specifically in the AddFixedPriceItem call in the Trading api.

Assuming a profile that sells from Spain to Spain, what should I indicate in the Trading api call so that the taxes are applied correctly.

At first I included the price with VAT, indicating the percentage in the VATDetails field, but I have seen that in an order made from Las Palmas the item was charged with the VAT of 21%, as in another order made from Madrid, which should not be since in Las Palmas the IGIC of 7% is applied.

I have also tried to upload a product with the price without taxes and not including the VATDetails field, however when it comes to proceeding to a payment I am charged the same both from an account in Las Palmas and another in Madrid (also the price without taxes, it does not add anything).

#tradingapiaddfixedpriceitemcalltaxes
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered

Hi @avandeza,

VAT is not applicable to all countries, including the US. Allowed VAT percentage rates can vary by region/country, so sellers should be aware of the rates they are legally required/allowed to charge. Sellers must be registered as Business Sellers on the site they are selling on in order to use the Business Seller-related fields.

Please find the documentation to get the information of VAT,
https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/AddFixedPriceItem.html#Request.Item.VATDetails

Best Regards,
eBay Developer Support

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

avandeza avatar image
0 Likes"
avandeza answered

But how should I publish an object so that when it is sold the taxes are applied correctly according to the buyer's country?

Because whether I indicate the VATDetails field or not, the price at the time of purchase is the same both in the Canarias and in Madrid, which have different taxes.

10 |600

michab2003 avatar image
0 Likes"
michab2003 answered

if u add vatpercent, ebay knowns your price is gross, without vatpercent, you say, your prices are net. ebay decides, what a buyer has to pay - taxes or not and how much, doesn´t matter what you put in your vatpercent. your vatpercent is only used for ebay internal calculations, in case ebay has to transform a net into gross or vise-versa. when ebay re-calculates the price - it needs a net price - so when you add vatpercent 21% - but the buyer has to pay 7% (in real) - ebay uses your 21% to calculate the net price to add 7% on top of it. that´s my stand of knowledge.

that´s at my stand of knowledge here. i don´t know if that also applies to the US, but the VAT gets calculated based on the shipping address of the buyer, doesn´t matter where the ebay-buyer-account is located - the destination shipping address is the part, which decides if vat has to be paid and how much.

10 |600

avandeza avatar image avandeza commented ·

The problem is that Ebay tells me the same final price to send an order to the Canary Islands as to send it to Madrid, despite having different taxes.

Whether I indicate the VATDetails field or not.

0 Likes 0 ·
michab2003 avatar image michab2003 avandeza commented ·

interesting.... can u provide screenshots of these two orders (without personal data) showing the same price but different vat ?

0 Likes 0 ·
avandeza avatar image avandeza michab2003 commented ·

2021-10-14_07-47_1.png2021-10-14_07-47.png

https://www.ebay.es/itm/233166104031

It happens to me with all products.

Both accounts were created from 0 with the indicated address, one in Madrid, with VAT at 21%, and the other in Ceuta, which should be 0% since those taxes are paid at Customs and even within Ceuta taxes are lower.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.