question

demdill33 avatar image
0 Likes"
demdill33 asked

What causes error 21940,

In general, what causes any of the errors? I can’t find any documentation on the actual causes of errors. I know there is the list of error codes, but that just lists the messages, which I already got the message from the API response. Is there anything more helpful?

error codes
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered

Hello @demdill33,

21940 error implies below,
Serious Error:
Short error: Sorry, you are not authorized to perform this operation!
Long error: Sorry, you are not authorized to perform this operation!
REF: https://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/Errors/errormessages.htm#21940
Please find the top Error_codes documentation,
https://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/Errors/errorsByCall.html#TopErrorCodes
Best Regards,
eBay Developer Support

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I appreciate the response, but I was hoping for more information. The error response from the API already contains all of that information. I am wanting an explanation for what the message is trying to tell me. What am I not authorized to do? Why is there any operation I would not be allowed to perform on my own account? This was received while making a RespondToBestOffers call. The error message is not helpful in conveying what I am supposed to correct, so I am hoping to find some more information on what triggers this error.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.