question

demdill33 avatar image
0 Likes"
demdill33 asked

What causes error 21940,

In general, what causes any of the errors? I can’t find any documentation on the actual causes of errors. I know there is the list of error codes, but that just lists the messages, which I already got the message from the API response. Is there anything more helpful?

error codes
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered

Hello @demdill33,

21940 error implies below,
Serious Error:
Short error: Sorry, you are not authorized to perform this operation!
Long error: Sorry, you are not authorized to perform this operation!
REF: https://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/Errors/errormessages.htm#21940
Please find the top Error_codes documentation,
https://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/Errors/errorsByCall.html#TopErrorCodes
Best Regards,
eBay Developer Support

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I appreciate the response, but I was hoping for more information. The error response from the API already contains all of that information. I am wanting an explanation for what the message is trying to tell me. What am I not authorized to do? Why is there any operation I would not be allowed to perform on my own account? This was received while making a RespondToBestOffers call. The error message is not helpful in conveying what I am supposed to correct, so I am hoping to find some more information on what triggers this error.

0 Likes 0 ·
We are having the same issue. We would appreciate an answer as to what causes this error. During the same run of api posts, we are able to accept some, counter others. There is no rhyme or reason as to why it happens. We also get denied some because it tells us the bin price is lower than what we are countering with which isn't true.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.