question

athenatech2020 avatar image
0 Likes"
athenatech2020 asked

How "Browse API /item_summary/search" keyword parameter works

Hello everyone! I am tranferring from the traditional Finding API (findItemsAdvanced) to new Browse API. I am struggling with what I am supposed to put into the keywords "q" parameter. For the Finding API, I can just use "keywords=(Nikkor 14mm f/2.8D ED)" and it will return all listings that have "Nikkor 14mm f/2.8D ED " in the listing titles, but it doesn't work with Browse API. When I use "search?q=(Nikkor 14mm f/2.8D ED)", I get nothing.

Is there anyway I can search the listing titles with Browse API like what I did with Finding API? Thanks in adavance!

keywords
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

docu says: "If the keywords are separated by a space, it is treated as an AND"

0 Likes 0 ·
sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered

Hi @athenatech2020,

I have executed the search call with the keyword "Nikkor 14mm f/2.8D ED" for the eBay US marketplace and I am getting the result in API response.

The keywords are handled as follows:

- If the keywords are separated by a space, it is treated as an AND. In the following example, the query returns items that have iphone AND ipad.

- If the keywords are input using parentheses and separated by a comma, or if they are URL

- encoded, it is treated as an OR. In the following examples, the query returns items that have iphone OR ipad.

Restriction: The * wildcard character is not allowed in this field.

Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/buy/browse/resources/item_summary/methods/search#uri.q

Best Regards,
eBay Developer Support

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jmra-3410 avatar image
0 Likes"
jmra-3410 answered

I have the same problem. How to make a call this new api in my old php code.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.