question

huqingfeng2001 avatar image
0 Likes"
huqingfeng2001 asked

How "Browse API /item_summary/search" keyword parameter works

Hello everyone! I am tranferring from the traditional Finding API (findItemsAdvanced) to new Browse API. I am struggling with what I am supposed to put into the keywords "q" parameter. For the Finding API, I can just use "keywords=(Nikkor 14mm f/2.8D ED)" and it will return all listings that have "Nikkor 14mm f/2.8D ED " in the listing titles, but it doesn't work with Browse API. When I use "search?q=(Nikkor 14mm f/2.8D ED)", I get nothing.

Is there anyway I can search the listing titles with Browse API like what I did with Finding API? Thanks in adavance!

keywords
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wemakeitallwork avatar image
0 Likes"
wemakeitallwork answered

Please post the complete URL and header values. You need your OAuth token in the header. This was not a Finding API requirement.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

alvisinwales avatar image
0 Likes"
alvisinwales answered

I've tried the same query and mine doesn't work either.

According to eBay's documentation the query string needs to be urlencoded.
I did get a similar search to work: Nikkor 14mm ED which I sent as ?q=Nikkor+14mm+ED
This returned some results. It only works if space is encoded as + and not as %20.

I sent your query as ?q=%28Nikkor+14mm+f%2F2.8D+ED%29 but the response contains q=8Nikkor+14mm+fF2.8D+ED9 so it has lost the %2 from %28 %2F and %29 so either I'm doing it wrong (likely) or the API is wrong (less likely).

Could you try the one that works first to see if you can get any results.

wemakeitallwork avatar image
0 Likes"
wemakeitallwork answered

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.