question

fos1133 avatar image
0 Likes"
fos1133 asked

Fulfillment API not retuning eBay Unique Code in address line 2 or anywhere

I am converting my old Trading API code to the new Fulfillment API code for processing our orders. However, I have noticed that the new API does not supply the eBay Unique Code in the second line of the address like the old API does. How can I obtain the eBay Unique Code for an order using the new API? I realise that it is not really necessary, but it seems a shame to lose a feature (if it even actually does anything!).

For those that don't know, the eBay Unique Code looks something like "ebaydhur3fr" and is visible when viewing order details in Seller Hub.

(https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Announcements/Royal-Mail-tracking-and-delivery-events-on-eBay-from-1st-Sep/ba-p/6727290)

fulfillment api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fos1133 avatar image
1 Like"
fos1133 answered

Okay, the getOrders response (which returns lots of orders) does not return the eBay unique code in the addressLine2 element, but getOrder (which returns a single order) does. This is a bit awkward as I now need to run getOrder for each order in the getOrders response to obtain the unique code. Who designed this fulfillment API? Did they think anything through?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

keand_19 avatar image
0 Likes"
keand_19 answered

I've seen this ID available in the Fulfilment response in the following field:

'fulfillmentStartInstructions' -> [0] -> 'shippingStep' -> 'shipTo' -> 'contactAddress' -> 'addressLine2'

The orders should all be searchable using the new(ish) unique order numbers from the fulfilment API e.g orderId -> 16-00000-11111, this ebayxxxxxxx number is only for ebay to obtain tracking information from Royal Mail and update the customer with tracking information (from memory).

This has to be inside addressLine2 for the royal mail integration with eBay to work.

Only seems to appear for domestic orders in the UK that i've noticed.

The unique code isn't there. I would display a response to prove it, but it would contain sensitive data. The field does exist, but only contains the address line 2 data.
0 Likes 0 ·
keand_19 avatar image
0 Likes"
keand_19 answered

Good find!

I only checked the getOrder as we are using this to collect additional information needed, didn't think to check getOrders as i (wrongly) presumed it would be a list of the exact same order objects / responses...

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.