Is there any eBay REST API call that can return the number of unread member messages?
There is no REST API available currently to get the message related information. You can use the Trading API calls for your use case. Please find the list of calls that can be used for communication between members.
- AddMemberMessageAAQToPartner: Enables a buyer and seller on either side of an order to send messages to each other within 90 days of the creation of the order. Messages are sent to the eBay user's My Messages InBox.
- AddMemberMessageRTQ: Enables a seller to reply to a question about an active item listing. This message is sent to the eBay user's My Messages InBox.
- AddMemberMessagesAAQToBidder: Enables a seller to contact both bidders and users who have made offers (via Best Offer) during an active listing. This message is sent to the eBay user's My Messages InBox.
- GetMemberMessages: Retrieves messages posted to the Ask Seller A Question messaging system. Buyers can ask sellers questions via the website, and sellers can respond to these ASQ messages by using this call, and the related AddMemberMessageRTQ call, to send them email.
- GetMyMessages: Retrieves the given user's messages sent by other users, or alerts sent by eBay. The information returned can vary depending on the detail level requested.
- ReviseMyMessages: Changes the states (both read and flagged) for selected messages in the Inbox or My Messages folders of a given user, and moves messages between folders.
- ReviseMyMessagesFolders: Modifies (rename, remove, or restore) the specified My Messages folder for a given user. You can also use this call to create a new My Messages folder. Note that a user's Inbox and Sent folders cannot be revised.
- DeleteMyMessages: Deletes selected messages from the My Messages folders of a given user.
- SetMessagePreferences: Enables a seller to add custom Ask Seller a Question (ASQ) subjects to the seller's Ask a Question page, or to reset custom subjects to their default values.
- GetMessagePreferences: Returns a seller's Ask Seller a Question (ASQ) subjects, each in its own Subject node. If the seller has not customized the ASQ subjects with SetMessagePreferences, the call returns the current default values.
eBay Developer Support
63 People are following this question.