question

fos1133 avatar image
0 Likes"
fos1133 asked

eBay REST API unread messages

Is there any eBay REST API call that can return the number of unread member messages?

rest api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered

Hi @fos1133,

There is no REST API available currently to get the message related information. You can use the Trading API calls for your use case. Please find the list of calls that can be used for communication between members.

- AddMemberMessageAAQToPartner: Enables a buyer and seller on either side of an order to send messages to each other within 90 days of the creation of the order. Messages are sent to the eBay user's My Messages InBox.

- AddMemberMessageRTQ: Enables a seller to reply to a question about an active item listing. This message is sent to the eBay user's My Messages InBox.

- AddMemberMessagesAAQToBidder: Enables a seller to contact both bidders and users who have made offers (via Best Offer) during an active listing. This message is sent to the eBay user's My Messages InBox.

- GetMemberMessages: Retrieves messages posted to the Ask Seller A Question messaging system. Buyers can ask sellers questions via the website, and sellers can respond to these ASQ messages by using this call, and the related AddMemberMessageRTQ call, to send them email.

- GetMyMessages: Retrieves the given user's messages sent by other users, or alerts sent by eBay. The information returned can vary depending on the detail level requested.

- ReviseMyMessages: Changes the states (both read and flagged) for selected messages in the Inbox or My Messages folders of a given user, and moves messages between folders.

- ReviseMyMessagesFolders: Modifies (rename, remove, or restore) the specified My Messages folder for a given user. You can also use this call to create a new My Messages folder. Note that a user's Inbox and Sent folders cannot be revised.

- DeleteMyMessages: Deletes selected messages from the My Messages folders of a given user.

- SetMessagePreferences: Enables a seller to add custom Ask Seller a Question (ASQ) subjects to the seller's Ask a Question page, or to reset custom subjects to their default values.

- GetMessagePreferences: Returns a seller's Ask Seller a Question (ASQ) subjects, each in its own Subject node. If the seller has not customized the ASQ subjects with SetMessagePreferences, the call returns the current default values.

Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/guides/features-guide/default.html#development/crm-communications.html

Best Regards,
eBay Developer Support

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

It needs to be REST API. The program uses REST API and I don't want to add loads of code to add the old Trading API. I'll do without until they add this feature. Thanks anyway.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.