question

dr_peter_venkman avatar image
0 Likes"
dr_peter_venkman asked

Browse API & Classified listings,Browse API and Classified Listings

Hi,

Are there any plans to add classified listings to the search results in the browse api? It's the only issue stopping me from migrating from the finding api.

,Thanks

finding apibrowse apiitem_summary searchclassifieds
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I second this question.

Was there a reason classified ads weren't included as a BuyingOption for the item_summary search API call?!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
a2hgo avatar image
0 Likes"
a2hgo answered

I asked the same question to eBay support and they just replied to say that classified listings are not part of eBay anymore, which makes absolutely no sense when there are currently thousands of classified listings and its still possible to create these types of listings on the site.

Seems like a massive oversight to not include these as part of the Browse API as it means many developers will be unable to fully transition off the legacy API's without loosing a large portion of search results. Interestingly the browse API get_item_by_legacy_id call will return classified listings if you pass it the specific item ID, so the Browse API is clearly capable of supporting them, they're just not returned on the /search endpoint.

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.