question

docnet avatar image
1 Like"
docnet asked ·

eBay sandbox seller account and Paypal sandbox integration

Hi,

I am sending a VerifyAddItem message to the eBay sandbox, and I am receiving Error 120:

<ShortMessage>Credit card not found.</ShortMessage>

<LongMessage>We&apos;re sorry, but before you list an item, you must create a seller&apos;s account by submitting a valid credit card through our secure form.</LongMessage>

<ErrorCode>120</ErrorCode>

I have tried following other examples, and linking my eBay sandbox account with my PayPal sandbox account. This appears to have worked (I can see the link in the "My eBay" section) but I am still getting the messages. If there is some secondary task that is required by eBay to make this work, can you please do so with the following credentials:

eBay sandbox ID: TESTUSER_docnet
eBay Developer ID: 1e54ef50-020c-4fab-b42b-8d98c7bb812b
PayPal sandbox account email: dave_1305127066_per@doc-net.com

If this is NOT the reason why I am unable to perform this VerifyAddItem request, can someone please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,
Dave

sandboxebaypaypal
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
docnet avatar image
0 Likes"
docnet answered ·

Hi,

I have just found the resolution for this, if others are interested.

Linking your paypal sandbox account through your ebay sandbox account does in fact work.

The part that I was missing, was that I needed to issue a ValidateTestUserRegistration request (http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/ValidateTestUserRegistration.html) via the API.

Once this was done, I was then able to perform the required VerifyAddItem and AddItem requests.

Cheers,
Dave

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.