question

marboo_4056 avatar image
0 Likes"
marboo_4056 asked

Marketplace Account Deletion - Username or UserID

We are now set up receiving the account deletions successfully. However, our solution has only ever captured UserName, not UserId or the eiasToken. Hence all hits we're getting are against Username only.

I'm aware that account holders can change their usernames over time so my question is, will eBay notify us of all historical usernames against a given UserId to ensure all historical data can be removed correctly?

marketplace_account_deletionmarketplace notifications
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

swappart avatar image
-1 Like"
swappart answered

Posting the code you use to get the username from the JSON would help.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

marboo_4056 avatar image
0 Likes"
marboo_4056 answered

Why would that help?

Please read the question that was asked before just assuming this is a coding issue on my part

I guess I misunderstood the question then. You said your solution is only capturing the username. I thought you meant that from the account deletion message you were only getting the username (which would be a coding issue because UserId and eiasToken are there). I see what you mean now. I just checked and my software only gets the username as well, so it seems that UserId and eiasToken are just useless values to anyone but eBay. I understand the question as to whether or not eBay will notify us of username changes, and I don't know the answer to that.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.