question

musical-progressions avatar image
0 Likes"
musical-progressions asked

Marketplace Account Deletion Notification ERROR 400 (PHP)

I am able to verify my endpoint using a php program found here. https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/43122/working-code-marketplace-account-deletion-notifica.html However, when I send the test notification I always get this message... "Notification delivery failed with HTTP status code 400 from https://www.mydomain/folder/file.php. Please ensure that the marketplace account deletion notification endpoint is ready to receive notifications." Some people say they got this code to work. Others say they get a 444 error. I've spent days on this and after hours of debugging, it appears that the test notification isn't even reaching my server. Or, if it is, it's not transmitting any data there. If ebay can't get the test message to my verified endpoint how can I be expected to complete this. PLEASE HELP !

apiPHPmarketplace account deletion notification endpointphp-apimarketplace notificationsmarketplace account deletion notifications
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I got the test script done. I cant get it to verify, but I'm sure that's because the message didn't originate from eBay. If you get the error 500 message, and no errors in your error log, it means every other part of the script worked. It's too big to post. The link below will open to it. Just put your endpoint URL in, and name it something.php.

notifyTest.txt

0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks, I'll be looking at this later today.
0 Likes 0 ·

Ok, I tried it. I didn't get any errors in my error log, not even the 500 error. Although I was reading something about 500 errors not being logged. I don't know if that applies here.... https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4731364/internal-error-500-apache-but-nothing-in-the-logs

0 Likes 0 ·
I just took a look at the code. If I understand this, I should see something on the screen when I go to the something.php page, right? Either 200 or the 500 error. and a response, right? I see nothing.
0 Likes 0 ·
swappart avatar image swappart musical-progressions ·
Correct, you should get a response either way. So, that means it's something on your end failing. We know you're getting, or should be getting, the JSON message and HTTP_X_EBAY_SIGNATURE from the test script. You should be getting the debug.txt file created and if so, you should see the signature and JSON message there. If not, then something may not be set correct on your server.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
aileenhen-42 avatar image
0 Likes"
aileenhen-42 answered

Glad you like it. We have been using this for several weeks now and it seems to be going nicely.

Dinar Guru

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.