question

ujpy7625 avatar image
1 Like"
ujpy7625 asked

Marketplace account deletion endpoint validation failed

Hi,

I am having problems getting the callback endpoint validated: https://fff.qssi-wms.com/fff/DelNotif

Submitting the form results in "Marketplace account deletion endpoint validation failed. Click here to learn more about setting up an endpoint.", without Ebay even making an attempt to invoke the URL!

I can't tell what may be so wrong with that URL that Ebay won't even make an attempt to call it.

Thanks

Gabe

marketplace account deletion notification endpoint
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kaleido.shop avatar image
0 Likes"
kaleido.shop answered

Hi,

same error, no traffic in webserver log, url works fine in browser.

we use endpoint url without "?challenge_code=<xyz>"

no idea

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

solved after reissue ssl certificate on web server

0 Likes 0 ·
ujpy7625 avatar image
0 Likes"
ujpy7625 answered

@kaleido.shop, do you have OAuth enabled in your account, by any chance? We don't, and I don't want to enable it and risk any disruptions because of that, unless I know for sure that is the missing piece.

On top of this, we paid for Premium Support over 2h ago, and our account is still not credited. So I can't even contact them that way!

Thanks

Gabe

You need OAuth enabled to process notifications. It won't cause AuthNAuth to quit working. I use AuthNAuth in my app, and OAuth just for notifications. No issues there. However, you don't need OAuth just to validate the endpoint, so that's not your issue. I've seen others mention it not working with subdomains, so that might be the problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
sharakamat-0 avatar image
0 Likes"
sharakamat-0 answered

Same error, help me for this.

seanailer avatar image
0 Likes"
seanailer answered

Hello,

It seems that we don't quite understand what is really meant by "use/store user data". We have some automated scripts based on Ebay Api, and we use our developers account to make some api requests like: GetItem, GetOrder, ReturnMessages and etc.

We don't store or persist user data; we don't have any special public applications available for eBay users.

Are we considered exempt or not?

Kind Regards

robre-776038 avatar image
0 Likes"
robre-776038 answered

some problem here. eBay API never sent out the GET request...

some here. eBay API never makes the request...

sharakamat-0 avatar image
0 Likes"
sharakamat-0 answered

Issue solved by setting up custom domain and ssl binding.

Dot net solution for notification: https://github.com/eBay/eBay-Notification-SDK-Dot-Net-Core

konstryb_20 avatar image
0 Likes"
konstryb_20 answered

@ujpy7625 Hi, Gabe

Have you fixed this issue ? I've got same error today.
We have site under ssl and notification endpoint url like https://www.graciousstyle.com/xxxxxxxxxx
But I don't even see GET request from eBay, and our url works fine with curl and in browser.

Thanks

Konstantin

statewideappliance avatar image
0 Likes"
statewideappliance answered

Is the endpoint URL allowed to sit on a subdomain eg https://fff.qssi-............as per the above example?

scrapcarbon avatar image
0 Likes"
scrapcarbon answered

My team and I were able to develop an AWS solution

--

ScrapCarbon + DynamicDataGroup

dynamicdatagroup.com

ujpy7625 avatar image
0 Likes"
ujpy7625 answered

Unfortunately nothing new on our end.

@sharakamat-0, can you explain what you mean by "custom domain and ssl binding"? Is it more than just switching from using an IP and plain HTTP, to using a domain name and HTTPS?

Thanks

Gabe

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.