question

sekidata avatar image
0 Likes"
sekidata asked

How can I get calculated shipping costs?

Which API (not legacy) returns the actual calculated shipping? I tried the Browse API and cannot find it. The legacy ShoppingAPI had a GetShippingCosts option.

calculated shipping
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered

Hi @sekidata,

Although the X-EBAY-C-ENDUSERCTX header containing contextualLocation is optional, it is strongly recommended that you use it when submitting Browse API methods. This header increases the accuracy of the estimated delivery window information and is needed for the calculated shipping information. When using this header, you must always include the country code and the zip code if zip codes are used in that country.

Shipping header example:

X-EBAY-C-ENDUSERCTX: contextualLocation=country=US,zip=19406

Important! Because the contextualLocation has multiple name value pairs, these need to be URL encoded.

X-EBAY-C-ENDUSERCTX: contextualLocation=country%3DUS%2Czip%3D19406

Best Regards,
eBay Developer Support

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

egorcher-2 avatar image
0 Likes"
egorcher-2 answered

I've only sold stuff locally so eBay is a new world to me. The biggest problem I have with selling online is shipping costs. How do I know how much it'll cost to ship something? I have some VGA cables I want to unload and don't know what to charge.

rapidfs

sekidata avatar image
0 Likes"
sekidata answered

Thank you, adding the X-EBAY-C-ENDUSERCTX header solved this problem nicely!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.