question

chades-4004 avatar image
1 Like"
chades-4004 asked

Why eBay Marketplace Account Deletion/Closure Notifications Workflow send me user accounts which are not in my system?,Cannot find user deletion accounts which are coming from eBay Marketplace Account Deletion/Closure API

I implemented "eBay Marketplace Account Deletion/Closure Notifications Workflow" today and I am getting many users who are not in my system. Is this a common issue in this workflow?

Is there a way to get only users who are related to my account / my application?

This is a huge waste of time to get all the users every minute.

Thank you.. Best regards.

Hi,

I implemented the "eBay Marketplace Account Deletion/Closure Notifications Workflow" today and I am getting hundreds of deleted user accounts. But they are not my applications users.

Is this a common issue with ebay?

How can I get only users registered with my application..... This is a huge waste of resources and time.

marketplace account deletion notification endpointmarketplace account deletion notificationsebaymarketplace account deletion notification endpointmarketplace
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi, we are experiencing a similar situation after registering our account deletion notification endpoint. We are receiving 100s of notifications per day for users that are not related. Should we only be receiving notifications for users that have purchased from us previously?
0 Likes 0 ·

I don't think eBay keeps track of who users grant permissions to for very long after the permissions expire, so they send all deletion notifications to all subscribed developers when an account is deleted.

0 Likes 0 ·
computer_alliance avatar image
0 Likes"
computer_alliance answered

Came here to ask the same question. Getting hundreds per day.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"

they stopped coming through, thanks to whoever fixed it

maimaity avatar image
0 Likes"
maimaity answered

How do you receive the user deletion notifications? Through the endpoint URL given to ebay? I'm still trying to figure out how to provide ebay the Callback URL. Are the endpoint URL and the callback URL the same URL? Can someone help me with this issue? Thanks a lot!

0 Likes"

URLs are slightly different. Follow https://developer.ebay.com/marketplace-account-deletion

Your GET endpoint for the initial challenge will be something like this:

https://<callback_URL>?challenge_code=123

And your POST endpoint can be just the base endpoint URL:

https://<callback_URL>

jimiscott345 avatar image
0 Likes"
jimiscott345 answered

@computer_alliance - You say they stopped? Is this still the case, if so how did you filter the requests.

netoben avatar image
0 Likes"
netoben answered

Are they just catching up from when your account was created until now? If so, it'll be a lot less going forward. The docs said there could be 1500 notifications per day.

jimiscott345 avatar image
0 Likes"
jimiscott345 answered

If they were catching up, I would expect the EventDate to be historical, but they are current. It would appear (based on another forum post) that all delete requests hit every single developer account.

0 Likes"

@jimiscott345 they did stop for a few days after I posted that, but the notifications are coming through again, unfortunately.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.