question

dancook1982 avatar image
0 Likes"
dancook1982 asked

eBay Marketplace Account Deletion - am I exempt?

I only store a product title and product URL, I check every 24 hours to see if it's still active and remove if not.

This is not account or personal information, anything identifiable - it's just used camera products.

So the exemption applies "For any developer application that is not persisting any eBay data, "

So whilst this is 'eBay data' it's not relevant to the feature.. so I assume I am exempt.

Can anyone clarify?

Thanks

marketplace account deletion notification endpoint
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ecoatm avatar image
1 Like"
ecoatm answered

From the FAQs section of the Marketplace Account Deletion page (emphasis mine):

Are developers required to subscribe to eBay marketplace account deletion/closure notifications?

Yes. Every eBay Developers Program application that is making API calls that use/store eBay user data must be subscribed to eBay marketplace account deletion/closure notifications. It is the responsibility of each developer to remove all user data associated with the eBay user specified in the eBay marketplace account deletion/closure notification.

If you're not persisting eBay user data (which from your description you are not), then you are exempt.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Does this mean anyone with the same situation needs to opt out of the notifications? Or can we just let it remain as is?
0 Likes 0 ·
That is certainly more clear and makes sense in the context of things - thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
Would you be kind to explain, what exactly is meant by "use/store eBay user data"?

I use my developers account in order to prepare a sell for shipping/dispatch; it means that I need to fetch the address of the sell, the encoded email, the phone number and etc.

Is it considered to be using/storing user data?

I am not exactly sure about am I exempt or not, because we do have some working with user data. But we don't persist/store it at all.

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
If you're already removing the user data after every use, then you're not storing it and wouldn't be able to do anything with the notifications (you can't remove something that's not there). If you keep the address / email / phone number in your system after obtaining it (in any of your systems), then you would need to remove it and will need to subscribe to notifications.
0 Likes 0 ·
vs3247 avatar image
0 Likes"
vs3247 answered

Hey.. @dancook1982

Thanks For Sharing This Information.......

peryourhealth bill

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.