question

2010dougeb avatar image
0 Likes"
2010dougeb asked

Shopping api using oauth

I have an application that uses the shopping api get item method. I has been working using my appID value. I was informed I had to change to oauth. I have tried substituting an oauth token generated from my keyset page and get an error. When I put the appID back in the application works. This is on August 13, 2021. AppID is not supposed to work.

The basic call to ebay is as follows:

using appID: https://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=myAppID&version=863&itemID=384320411874&IncludeSelector=ItemSpecifics&responseencoding=JSON

using oauth: https://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=oauthToken&version=863&itemID=384320411874&IncludeSelector=ItemSpecifics&responseencoding=JSON

This whole oauth process is totally confusing and based on the questions on this forum and StackOverflow I am not the only one who can't get it figured out. Are there any working examples of its use? Why is appID still working (thankfully)?

oauth2shpping api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

odinsha_41 avatar image
0 Likes"
odinsha_41 answered
  1. The merchant makes a request to install the app.
  2. The app redirects to Shopify to load the OAuth grant screen and requests the required scopes.
  3. Shopify displays a prompt to the merchant to give authorization to the app, and prompts the merchant to log in if required.
  4. The merchant consents to the scopes and is redirected to the redirect_uri.
  5. The app makes an access token request to Shopify including the client_id, client_secret, and code.
  6. Shopify returns the access token and requested scopes.
  7. The app uses the access token to make requests to the Shopify API.
  8. Shopify returns the requested data.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I am still confused by this process. I understand the application token and how to get it. I am anticipating that ebay will start moving some of the other api's to oath such as trading. We use the trading api in an application that runs on our server that tracks our user's purchases and sales. All users are onsite. This is an executable, not a web app so we don't have an authentication page that the user can be sent to to verify before the user token can be issued by ebay. Is there a way to do this in the application with a verification form?
0 Likes 0 ·
mitulmakadia avatar image
0 Likes"
mitulmakadia answered

Is there any reference available for C#?
I am using Shopping API in C# by adding web reference to project.

I am not able to find where I can add Header in this request. It is available for other API, but for Shopping API I have bellow classes generated from WSDL.

1. Shopping
  2. GetEbayItemResponseMessage
  3. GetEbayItemRequest

I am not able to find where I can use Header to pass token.

that's not an ebay api question, that's a general c# coding issue and you should ask that in any c# forum
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.