question

buchhaltung_0 avatar image
2 Likes"
buchhaltung_0 asked

Marketplace account deletion endpoint validation failed

Hi,


I tried to set up the Marketplace account deletion in the eBay developer portal by providing my endpoint URL and token. After clicking on "Save", there occures the error "Marketplace account deletion endpoint validation failed. Click here to learn more about setting up an endpoint.".


The endpoint was working fine until July, 26th.


I set this up very early. At this time, there was no Verification token required. Up to July, 26th, verything worked fine. I daily recived the POST-requests from eBay to this endpoint URL.


After July, 26th, I do not get any request from eBay to this URL. Saving the token in the developer area failed.


Now, I do not see any requests from eBay to my URL in my server logs. Perhaps, the token is not o.k.? Is used this: "w277F5J-i7QBJbeT1RgH1f_pNgqYt68cYz5S7". It is alphanumeric with allowed underscore (_) and hyphen (-) and the length is beetween 32 an 50... It think it is o.k.


I also checked my script with reqbin.com - there is an 200 o.k. response and the challengeResponse in JSON format... I think everything is fine.


No, I'm desperate...


Does anybody have a solution?


Thanx in advance!


Greetings, Elmar

marketplace account deletion notification endpoint
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

buchhaltung_0 avatar image
0 Likes"
buchhaltung_0 answered

Hi all,


uff, this was really very very hard, but now, I figured it out! It's working for me! Yes!


I don't know what the problem was or if eBay changed something meanwhile - but today, I did the following things, and afterwards it worked:


- created a own virtual server with subdomain only for the eBay callback (so I can change settings without problems to other things)


- some SSL changes: disable old SSH3, setting up a chain of certificates

-> after that, the check on https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/ went from orange to (mainly) green. I finally noticed the request to my endpoint in my server logs...


So, the server gets the request - but it didn't worked furthermore...


- I checked my script/output with reqbin.com and there, I noticed some red dots (not error) in the Raw-section. I rewrote my script by hand. After that, the red dots went away .... and finally, my endpoint was accepted!!!! Perhaps there were some hidden characters from copy&paste some parts which prevent the script from beeing accepted...


Perhaps, my experiences will help you...


Greetings!

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sharakamat-0 avatar image
0 Likes"
sharakamat-0 answered

Issue solved by setting up custom domain and SSL binding to end point.


Dot net solution: https://github.com/eBay/eBay-Notification-SDK-Dot-Net-Core

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.