question

pookeyclara avatar image
0 Likes"
pookeyclara asked

Oauth2 with Fulfillment API

Hi there,

I am new to eBay APIs, I understand the API, but I am just stuck on the OAuth2.0 authorisation. I have an application that I am making for my ebay store, no one else will use the application except me. Will I have to sign in everytime I run the application? I am also struggling to get OAuth to work in my application in terms of generating a token etc. Any help would be great, as I said I'm a newbie to the eBay APIs, so I'm pretty sure this is an easy question, with an easy answer for everyone else haha.

Thanks

oauth2fulfillment apiebay production environment
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
wholesalegroupaus avatar image
0 Likes"
wholesalegroupaus answered

Hi there,

Welcome! For OAuth you can refer to eBay's example implementations in your preferred programming language here: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/static/oauth-tokens.html . They have OAuth client libraries for Android, C#, Java, Node.js and Python - you simply add your client details and it should be able to generate the token for you.

You don't have to sign in everytime you run the application - you can use the refresh token generated by the Oauth grant flow to mint new access tokens programmatically.

Regards

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.