question

redbelhor avatar image
0 Likes"
redbelhor asked

Advice on findItemsAdvanced

Hello,

what i'm trying to do is to get all HDDs in their categories with advance "selector", for instance all Intel Core i7, which have Clock Speed : 3.0 - 3.5 GHz and it can be lets say Number of Cores: 3

But i'm having trouble to do so.

Here's an example call:  

http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced&SERVICE-VERSION=1.12.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=[APPID]&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=JSON&REST-PAYLOAD=&categoryId=164&outputSelector=AspectHistogram&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-GB&keywords=3.0+-+3.50+GHz+03+Intel+Core+i7

I have also tried with aspect filters, but it doesn't work the way i would want it to:

http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced&SERVICE-VERSION=1.12.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=[APPID]&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=JSON&REST-PAYLOAD=&categoryId=164&outputSelector=AspectHistogram&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-GB&keywords=aspectFilter(0).name=Brand&aspectFilter(0).valueName=Intel&aspectFilter(1).name=Series&aspectFilter(1).valueName=Core+i7&aspectFilter(2).name=Clock+Speed&aspectFilter(2).valueName=3.0+-+3.50+GHz&aspectFilter(3).name=Number+of+Cores&aspectFilter(3).valueName=03

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks.

finditemsadvancedpythonposturl-call
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sorry, not HDDs, but CPUs.

0 Likes 0 ·
redbelhor avatar image
0 Likes"
redbelhor answered
____

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
1 Like"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered

For the first call, 

Looks like you are passing the aspect name to the API keywords

"3.0 - 3.50 GHz 03 Intel Core i7"

This actually searches for items that contain all of the words you listed. It's not likely that a CPU will have two speeds, so you get no results. You can't just pass anything and hope the API can figure out your intent. You'll have to specifically format the keywords with a boolean OR and include the possible values.

Also, a hyphen has special meaning in search.   A good starting point would be to read the API docs on how keyword searches work, or the eBay site, advanced search help, and to try your search on the ebay site first. 

For the second call:

- you have to spell the parameter names as they are in the docs. aspectName and aspectValueName

- you probably don't need the histogram output selector on calls that specify aspects

Specifying Brand=Intel and Series=Core i7 is redundant and you could probably shorten your calls by removing the brand, but it will work with both. Though you might not match some items if the seller didn't specify both (not sure about that). Note that aspects change by country/site, so you have to have different aspect info to get the same thing on the US site

I find keywords to be a better approach unless you need to display aspect selectors to your buyers. They'll generally work across all the english speaking sites.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.