question

aqeel-3124 avatar image
0 Likes"
aqeel-3124 asked

ebay “errorId”: 1100, “longMessage”: “Insufficient permissions to fulfill the request.”

I managed to set up a developer account to get API responses working on the API explorer. However, I'm trying to connect to Postman and have been getting the following error messages.

I have gotten my user access token as follows:-

This returns the following token:-

As you can see a USER ACCESS TOKEN.

When I go to use the request in an API put request I always get the following error:-

The token seems to be right.

I try the same call in the built in API explorer and it works.

Please could someone advise its driving me crazy, probably something I've done wrong but any ideas?

ive also added the scope the same error appears

ebayebay sandboxebay api api toolsrefresh token rest apiapplication access tokenaccesstokenebayitemlinkpostmanusertokenurgent
1625530068953.png (178.6 KiB)
1625530081804.png (161.0 KiB)
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered

Hi @aqeel-3124,

Here is the step for generating token

1) URL:-
https://auth.sandbox.ebay.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=app-client-id-value&redirect_uri=app-RuName-valuE&response_type=code&cope=scopeList&prompt=login

In scope list you need to encode the scope URL

2) After that you will redirect to the consent page then login with your sandbox credentials after that you will get code in the URL, Please decode the code and use in the request body.

For more information please refer this :-
https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/static/oauth-authorization-code-grant.html#Getting

In header please encode your App ID (Client ID) and Cert ID (Client Secret) and pass the value in Authorization.

In body please decode your code and pass the value in code and pass the value of your RuName in redirect_uri.

Best regards,
eBay Developer Support

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.