question

steampunkjunkiesx avatar image
0 Likes"
steampunkjunkiesx asked

How long should videos take to show in the app?

Hi,

I have created a video and uploaded it to this listing:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252388257342

I'm adding it to the <Item></Item> with:

'VideoDetails' => {
  'VideoID' => '567e179817a0a0f12304391dfffff8ad'
                                        },

(in my Perl code, which converts to:

<VideoDetails><VideoID>the_id</VideoID></VideoDetails>

Yet when I check this listing in my Android eBay app, I don't see any video. What am I doing wrong? Does it just take time to update through the system? I can see the `VideoID` when using GetItem, so I know its been stored in the DB at eBays end

Thanks

Andy

media api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered

Hi @steampunkjunkiesx,

Please execute the getVideo call of Media API and see the status field in response. Only if you get the status as LIVE, listings associate with the videoID, will reflect the video on listing.

Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/commerce/media/resources/video/methods/getVideo#response.status

Best regards ,
eBay Developer Support

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks. Its LIVE and has been since I posted this. Also, I now can't edit the ebay listings from my.ebay.co.uk that have videos associated with. There seems to be a bug. I have contacted support, and they said it was forwarded to their tech team (2 days ago), but I've still not had a reply back :(
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.