question

tiberian_death avatar image
0 Likes"
tiberian_death asked ·

Platform Notification Question

A previous developer who is no longer with my company setup our notifications API to subscribe to 4 notifications for all users that link their eBay account with us.  I've been tasked with changing two of those notifications but I'm having trouble determining how to write the necessary batch job that would use SetNotificationPreferences() to change this.

My question is, do I only need to make only one call to basically update at an "Application Level" or do I need to make a call for every user currently linked with us.

Thank you,

Matthew

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
epinapala avatar image
0 Likes"
epinapala ,

Best Regards,

Eswara Rajesh Pinapala,

eBay Dvelopers Program Site Engineer.

answered ·

<quote>

A previous developer who is no longer with my company setup our notifications API to subscribe to 4 notifications for all users that link their eBay account with us.  I've been tasked with changing two of those notifications but I'm having trouble determining how to write the necessary batch job that would use SetNotificationPreferences() to change this.

My question is, do I only need to make only one call to basically update at an "Application Level" or do I need to make a call for every user currently linked with us.

</quote>

Hello,

Q: do I only need to make only one call to basically update at an "Application Level" or do I need to make a call for every user currently linked with us?

A:  Subscribe your application and users to Platform Notifications via the SetNotificationPreferences call. A separate call must be made for the application, and then for each individual user/subscriber.  The steps int eh Knowledge base article walk through an example of subscribing an Application and User to the End Of Auction notification event.

https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=637

Thanks

Rajesh

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.