question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ asked ·

AddDispute call does not send any notification to the buyer or seller

I am using AddDispute call to cancel the order on eBay  as a seller because of out of stock. I am still in integration testing environment and looking to roll out in production. I am using eBay sandbox environment for testing.

When I am canceling the order using the AddDispute call, giving the DisputeReason as 'TransactionMutuallyCanceled ' and DisputeExplanation as 'SellerRanOutOfStock', the call returns successfully. It even returns me the dispute id.

But there is no notification sent by eBay either in the Message Inbox or through the email. Also when I login into eBay sandbox website as a buyer, I do not see anywhere that there is a dispute raised for the order.

I want to know how I will the buyer take any action when he/she doesn't come to know of any dispute. Or this API is not working completely in the eBay sandbox?

Thanks,

Abhishek

apiebayordertradingadddisputetransactioncancel
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·

Hi agabhi,

The unpaid email notification is not working on Sandbox, however; this function works fine in production so that Production buyer will indeed will receive an email alert when a Production seller made the Trading API AddDispute call and canceled the transaction for the Production buyer in question.

Best Regards,

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.