question

compedisupp_0 avatar image
0 Likes"
compedisupp_0 asked

Why is the placeGuestOrder not working?

I am currently trying to place an order with the ebay orders api on the sandbox. I have already set up 2 articles on the ebay sandbox. Unfortunately I got stuck at placing the order. As there where 2 different version of the orders API I tried both versions (v1 beta and v2). The version 2 works fine with its calls and I can get the sessionID from initiateGuestCheckoutSession without problems. The call getGuestCheckoutSession also works fine on that version. Unfortunately this version does not support the placeOrder/placeGuestOrder API call so I have to use v1 beta. At first I created like in version 2 the initiateGuestCheckoutSession. After a few attempts I got the call working and got a sessionID returned. I then tried to place the order with placeGuestOrder and following URL:

POST https://apix.sandbox.ebay.com/buy/order/v1/guest_checkout_session/v1|1*************6|1*******8/place_order

With the sample body:

{
    "marketingTerms": [
        {
            "marketingTermsAccepted": true,
            "marketingTypes": [
                "OFFER",
                "PROMOTION",
                "SURVEY"
            ],
            "marketingChannels": [
                "EMAIL"
            ]
        }
    ]
}

I then got following error message:

{
    "errors": [
        {
            "errorId": 2003,
            "domain": "ACCESS",
            "category": "APPLICATION",
            "message": "Internal error",
            "longMessage": "There was a problem with an eBay internal system or process. Contact eBay developer support for assistance",
            "parameters": [
                {
                    "name": "reason",
                    "value": "Failed to transform underlying error response, see logs."
                }
            ]
        }
    ]
}

I then checked the response header:

X-EBAY-C-REQUEST-ID: ri=N35k...BgWIC,rci=3175...713
RlogId: t6%60mmhvqgw.....-0xfe
X-EBAY-C-VERSION: 1.0.0
Content-Encoding: gzip
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 09:30:32 GMT
nnCoection: close
Server: ebay server

There was no Content-Type defined but also the Connection was written as "nnCoection". So I wonder if this is a bug on the ebay API or if I did something wrong. I do not understand why I am getting this error as I think I did configure everything right as it was stated in the documentation?

I have also tried the other calls (e. g. getGuestCheckoutSession) but I was always getting this error message.

As I was testing around I tried only using the middle part of the sessionID in the URL:

POST https://apix.sandbox.ebay.com/buy/order/v1/guest_checkout_session/1*************6/place_order

I then got not only a normal header, I also got following error message:

{
    "errors": [
        {
            "errorId": 15003,
            "domain": "API_ORDER",
            "category": "REQUEST",
            "message": "The checkout session requested does not exist.",
            "parameters": [
                {
                    "name": "checkoutSessionId",
                    "value": "1*************6"
                }
            ]
        }
    ]
}

So this means that when I am using it like mentioned above I get the error message that the sessionID is wrong. Could there be problems with the pipe "|" in the URLs? Can anybody help me on what I could do to fix these issues?

Thanks in advance

order apiplace orderinitiateguestcheckoutsession
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

· Write an Answer

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.