question

wsz8712 avatar image
0 Likes"
wsz8712 asked

Inventory API problems

Hi,

Recently we migrated listings to the Inventory API, But there are some problems.

1. The maximum number of batch operation interfaces of the Inventory API is 25. However, we have a large number of items to operate. And it's easy to exceed the maximum call limit of 250 for item per day. Can we increase the number of batch operations?

2. We hope to be able to update the item information in our ERP. I tried to call createOrReplaceInventoryItemGroup API, but it didn't work. Using the getInventoryItemGroup API, I can see that the modification is successful, but it won't reflect on the online page. In other words, the data obtained by getInventoryItemGroup API is not necessarily up-to-date.

And then I found that I also needed to call the bulkCreateOrReplaceInventoryItem API, so that it would affect online pages. But it's a lot of trouble.

For example, I want to modify the title of a item group, which has 100 items. I need to call bulkCreateOrReplaceInventoryItem API 4 times to update these 100 items. This is a bit inefficient.

In addition, what if I just want to modify some parameters that the bulkCreateOrReplaceInventoryItem API does not have? For example, the main image or the aspects of the item group.

Thanks.

inventory api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

magnfiy avatar image
0 Likes"
magnfiy answered

Hi, I can't answer all your questions but there is definately issues with Inventory APIs over the last several weeks, if not months. Updating items at first glance seems to work because we are able to retreive the latest set of data on a new call - but as you've noticed it doesn't go live on eBay. We found the issue is because the item is migrated back to the traditional API (something that shouldn't be possible) and you can only edit the listing via revising the item directly on eBay (shouldn't be possible!)

A temporary solution is to migrate the listing back to Sell APIs and make your changes - but be warned as soon as you make any changes it reverts back. I'm suprised eBay haven't fixed this yet as its been ongoing for a while.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

theshoeshackuk avatar image
0 Likes"
theshoeshackuk answered

We had serious issues with the API last month when we were unable to update stock and pricing on our listings. This was fixed in a couple of days.

Since yesterday we've been having issues creating, updating and deleting listings. The API keeps returning offer exists and we check the offer , the API return a system error. So basically most of our listings are stuck and can't be created nor updated.

eBay's REST API is the worst we have ever experienced by far. They don't test properly before publishing their code and break other people's systems.

That might explain what's going on with my own issue then. Any clue how quickly they fix their buggy garbage?
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.